The Meliza Bloggy

A fair amount of words about a whole lot of nothing.

Monday, March 08, 2010

Hello, World. It's been awhile...

It's been a long time since I've been inspired to blog. I used to do it all the time, but I don't know. I guess laziness has gotten the best of me. Lately though, something has been weighing on my mind...

My job, which I don't really like to talk about, is a service, much like a plumber or cable person. I should also mention, that with my type of job, there is nothing to like about me. Generally, I'm considered the "enemy," "the man," or the "whatever that is trying to keep you down." There are times that I may or may not enter your home or work place.  Now, knowing all of this, is it ok to hug me? Do you hug your cable person? Do you hug your plumber?

The answer should be no. Apparently, for some people, no one ever taught them to not invade other people's personal space. I have a bubble that has a 5ft radius. You may enter this bubble to shake my hand or hand me necessary documents. You may NOT enter this bubble to hug me. This is not ok with me. In fact, I have little miniature panic attacks when you do it.

So to sum it up: Hand shake, yes. Hug, no.

*Friends, of course are the exception. I would probably hug all my friends except for you. You know who you are.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joseph Ficarra said...

Its me, isnt it....

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home